You suppose that you are the lock on the door. But you are the key that opens it ~ Rumi
You can call it what you like 😁
करे तो गुरूर क्या करें,
न वक़्त न मौसम,
हमारे हाथ में।
Here is my story. I am not sure if anyone is interested but I shall share it. Many have shown curiosity in knowing, how do I manage with the weather. Regular visitors might have noticed that the weather in my adopted country is quite different than my country of origin. Nothing happens in one day. It takes courage and time to change our old habits.
Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. ~Marilyn Ferguson
In the beginning I struggled with episodes of cough and cold, and sinus headaches. Weather was testing me like anything. Staying inside house forever was not possible but like many others I restricted my activities and thought it was good for my heath. I was wrong. In due time I learned an important lesson from my Norwegian friends, weekends are for outdoor activities. One needs a plan to manage both the household chores and the outdoor fun. It sounds difficult but working on it was a kind of fun. Weather played an important role and we started to plan things accordingly.
In the begining it was only on weekends but later we started doing it a couple of times during a week. The key was to learn how to restrict our TV/social media time. And of course our Norwegain circle helped and supported me a lot. They even arranged outdoor activities and introduced us to new options. Once the joy and happiness was found, we never looked back. Taking images for the blog became one essential activity. As Lao Tzu said, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step”.
Thank you all for being part of my journey.
धीरे-धीरे रे मना, धीरे सब कुछ होय, माली सींचे सौ घड़ा, ॠतु आए फल होय ~ कबीर दास
A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~ Paul Dudley White (American physician and cardiologist)
The warmth of flowing water,
love and affection,
melts the ice and unfriendly souls,
in due course.
बहता पानी चाहे कितना ही ठंडा क्यों ना हो,
बर्फ को ही पिघला देता है।
इंसान कितना ही कठोर, नीरस क्यों न हो,
प्रेम और अपनाइयत उसे वक्त रहते बदल देती हैं ।
Not just humans but
blessed are animals which are well fed.
There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread ~ Mahatma Gandhi
HUNGER FAST FACTS
- There is more than enough food produced in the world to feed everyone on the planet.
- As many as 811 million people worldwide go to bed hungry each night.
- Small farmers, herders, and fishermen produce about 70 percent of the global food supply, yet they are especially vulnerable to food insecurity – poverty and hunger are most acute among rural populations.
- Conflict is a cause and consequence of hunger. In 2020, conflict was the primary driver of hunger for 99.1 million people in 23 countries
- An estimated 14 million children under the age of five worldwide suffer from severe acute malnutrition, also known as severe wasting, yet only 25 percent of acutely malnourished children have access to lifesaving treatment.
Stay safe and be kind.
Happy New Year with Hope & Happiness!
हर साल नयी उम्मीद लेके आता है
इज़हार-ए-मोहब्बत शायद इस साल हो।
Lying under a thick blanket.
With no movements, I stay still.
Atomic, scattered & unmasked
thoughts gathering in my dreams.
I struggle to connect the dots.
They overpower my peace
and overstressed me.
My existence proven.
समाज में होने वाली दुर्भाग्य पूर्ण घटनाओं के चलते,
इंसान कब तक अलिप्त रह सकता है।