Not just humans but
blessed are animals which are well fed.
There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread ~ Mahatma Gandhi
HUNGER FAST FACTS
- There is more than enough food produced in the world to feed everyone on the planet.
- As many as 811 million people worldwide go to bed hungry each night.
- Small farmers, herders, and fishermen produce about 70 percent of the global food supply, yet they are especially vulnerable to food insecurity – poverty and hunger are most acute among rural populations.
- Conflict is a cause and consequence of hunger. In 2020, conflict was the primary driver of hunger for 99.1 million people in 23 countries
- An estimated 14 million children under the age of five worldwide suffer from severe acute malnutrition, also known as severe wasting, yet only 25 percent of acutely malnourished children have access to lifesaving treatment.
Stay safe and be kind.